There are various reasons for IPTV buffering problems. Here are some of the most common reasons why FireStick buffers:
- Slow internet connection: It is recommended that you have at least 10 Mbps for 1080p and 20 Mbps for 4K streaming. If your internet connection is slow, you will experience buffering issues
- ISP Throttling: Your ISP might slow down your connection speed from time to time if they detect too many streaming activities
- Modem far from FireStick: If your FireStick is placed too far from your Wi-Fi modem, your signal strength will be weak and will cause buffering issues
- Running low on RAM: It is not uncommon for FireStick to run out of RAM. There may be many unnecessary apps running in the background
- Running low on storage: Again, it is common among FireStick users. The device has only 8GB of space, a lot of which is already used up by the OS
- FireStick overheating: If your FireStick is overheating, it is likely to cause buffering issues
- Outdated FireStick OS: You may experience buffering issues on FireStick if it is running on an outdated OS
- Problems with IPTV servers: many poor-quality IPTVs often lag, contact your provider or choose a higher-quality IPTV subscription service
Use Ethernet Cable for Wired Connection
A wired connection is usually much faster than a wireless connection. Firstly, it doesn’t have to rely on the proximity of the router to the device. The Ethernet wire is plugged directly into your Amazon FireStick.
Secondly, there are obstacles between the router and the device. Many electrical and certain mechanical obstacles can weaken the Wi-Fi signal. Using a wired connection will drastically reduce interference and make the network faster!
You can control or even stop buffering on FireStick with a wired connection. To use a wired connection on FireStick, you can buy the Amazon Ethernet Adapter for Amazon Fire TV Devices from Amazon.com.
Clear cache on Firestick
- Find “Settings” on the FireStick home screen
- Find and click on “My Fire TV”
- Click on “Restart”. Click again to confirm.
- In the Fire Stick home screen click Settings – click Applications – open Manage Installed Applications – select the application you want to clear the cache from the list and perform Clear data or Clear cache.
Avoid FireStick Overheating
Overheating can cause device malfunction. It can also cause buffering or streaming issues on FireStick. Therefore, it is important that you keep your FireStick from overheating.
Here is our detailed guide on How to Fix FireStick Heating Problem.
While your FireStick can run for several hours without any problem, I recommend that you give it some rest from time to time.
Don’t leave it switched on overnight. Unplug it from the power source.
If you think FireStick has overworked, unplug it from the power source and let it cool down for at least 30 minutes.
Update Firestick OS and applications
To check if your operating system is up to date: Settings in the home screen – “My Fire TV” – “About” — “Check for updates” — then you will know how much is your current version and how much is the latest version.
This is Xtrixtv.net, the best IPTV Provider!
We provide IPTV Subscription and professional streaming IPTV questions and answers if you want to get more details you can contact me We offer 72 hours FREE IPTV Trial, if you need IPTV free trial please contact us: